There are actually much more people in this world than you can imagine who notice the first thing in you is that tiny piece of spinach stuck in the teeth. This fact proves much importance humans assign on other people’s teeth. It is indeed high time to pay proper attention to your teeth. In the following sections of the blog post we will have little but informative discussion on teeth whitening. Here we go!
You cannot afford ignoring your teeth anymore
A recent study concluded an individual’s smile is the crucial tangible aspect that helps drawing a first impression about that person. In fact if the truth is to be told and healthy and beautiful smile is more precious than a costly suit. Your teeth are not just one of the vital but also memorable features that help people identify you by. People with straight and white teeth are usually considered more attractive over others. And this is true cutting across age groups and genders.
Considering all these truths it is important to take sound care of the teeth as well as the smile. But how can you improve your smile fast without going to expensive and time consuming procedures like teeth straightening and dental veneers? Thankfully, modern dentistry allows us improve our smile through teeth whitening. With stunning improvement of technology whitening the teeth is safe and fast. The results are impressive and those linger for quite a while. Let us now discuss a little on these fast and effective procedure that improves our smile overnight.
Teeth-whitening is a reliable way to get more beautiful smile
Are you not satisfied with the natural shape and alignment of your teeth? Do you feel orthodontic straightening procedures of the teeth or dental veneers are not just meant for you? In that circumstance you should better consider getting the teeth whitened. As a part of natural course our teeth catch up with stains and get discoloured with time. Stained and discoloured teeth are quite unsightly. These unwanted factors also make your smile appear miserable. A teeth whitening procedure takes a very little time and gives you stunning result almost instantly. Impressive results of this range of treatments further boost you to take necessary measures to protect the natural whiteness of the teeth. And this in itself is a significant positive transformation of your mindset that goes a long way to maintain a healthy and attractive smile.
Popular teeth whitening options
These days a lot of options exist to whiten the teeth. Some of the popular procedures that are obviously effective and reasonably priced include the following –
- Take-home kits – take-home or at-home teeth whitening procedure is obviously as convenient as is affordable. In order to try out this approach it is always better to first get yourself clinically diagnosed to ensure your teeth are fit for this procedure. It is important to ensure that a teeth whitening product is safe for your mouth. If you have ceramic or porcelain fillings in the mouth – like veneers and crowns – those will not respond to the action of bleaching agents.
- In such circumstance you may not be an ideal candidate for at-home teeth whitening. Once you are judged as an ideal candidate the dental team at the practice will extract impressions of your teeth, based on which whitening trays will be customised for you. The tray is filled with bleaching agent and is then inserted into the mouth. To cut a long story short, the teeth whiten as the tray sits on those. You can continue with the procedure home at your convenient time.
- Laser teeth whitening – this is an in-chair procedure and involves more than one appointment with your dentist or the dental practice. The treatment is performed in sessions and gives the teethe the desired shade of whiteness. As prerequisite you must have healthy teeth and the gums to qualify for the treatment.
- Teeth whitening strips – strips to whiten the teeth are very common these days across pharmacies and supermarkets. The range of products is sold over the counters and is quite reasonably priced. In addition to that these are easy to use. The strips definitely prove to be efficient to deliver satisfactory results. Moreover these are pretty safe for the teeth and the overall mouth and have almost nil adverse effect. However on the flip side, the procedure may take much longer time to give expected results depending on the strength of peroxide a product contains. Different products contain different levels of peroxide – or the active ingredient or whitening agent.
- Whitening toothpastes – certain varieties of teeth whitening toothpastes contain additional polishing agent along with special chemicals to perform much better in stain removing than ordinary toothpastes. But teeth whitening toothpastes – on the whole – are never meant to bleach the teeth.
In addition to the ones mentioned above, other products – like chewing gums, mouthwashes and dental floss – are pretty popular, says a dentist with years of experience in teeth whitening across Wimbledon.
If you are unsure about which procedure to adapt, ask your dentist to recommend you the best solution.